Lemony Poppy Chicken with Sweet Pea Mint Couscous
2 ˝ C. Chicken Stock (divided)
1 10 oz. box frozen peas
(Carrots are a good alternative)
1 ˝ C. Couscous
3-4 TBLS extra virgin olive
˝ C. flour
Salt and pepper
2 lemons, zested, 1 juiced
1 ˝ - 2 lbs boneless, skinless
chicken breasts, cubed
2 cloves garlic
2 TBLS butter
2 TBLS poppy seeds
10 leaves basil – Chopped
10 leaves mint - Chopped
- In med. Sized saucepot over high heat: Add 1 ˝ cups of chicken stock.
Bring to boil. Add peas (or carrots) and couscous. Place a lid on pot and turn off heat. Let sit for 5 min.
- Place lg. skillet over high heat with olive oil. While skillet
is heating, toss cubed chicken into flour to coat. Add Chicken to hot skillet. Season liberally with salt and pepper and lemon zest.
Cook 8 – 10 min. stirring to brown them on all sides. Add garlic
in last two minutes of cooking.
- Once chicken is browned, add remaining chicken stock, heat. Add
butter and poppy seeds. Stir until sauce has thickened, then squeeze the juice
of one lemon into the pan
- Add basil and mint to couscous and fluff with a fork.
- Serve chicken on top of a bed of couscous.